Monday 27 August 2012

The return, a journey, and a new look!

Hey boys and girls, wow, so it has been over 9 months since I posted anything here on my blog! I guess it is about time I revived it a little, and as the last few months have been very busy and extremely exciting for me I decided that the time is now! In the last month and in the coming months I have been and will be doing some exciting things, and I'd like to share this with you.

So, without further ado, I hereby launch my new look blog! Hope you like it!

For those of you who follow me on Twitter and/or Facebook, you wll already know that 2012 has been a very exciting year so far for me. Late November last year I took on a residency at Molly Moggs in Soho as the hostess for their Friday night Open Mic event, and in the new year I was given the opportunity to do their Saturday nights as well! I jumped into it and haven't looked back!

Now, aside from the joy and pride I felt and am still feeling about having been given this opportunity, the journey of self discovery and personal development I have had is beyond belief! My background as a drag performer has only ever been as a lip sync queen, and although I still don't sing (it is, after all karaoke, it's all about everyone else singing!) I still have to use a microphone for 3 hours a night. Now, you might think that this is a doddle, but trust me, it has been a challenge! You see, I don't want to be the cruel bitchy queen who makes fun of my singers, I'd like to encourage people, and I have to be on the ball all the time and can't have a script, and this has been a learning curve for me!
At first I felt somewhat uncomfortable with it, but soon I fell into it and found my rhythm and character more and more, and thanks to the lovely comments I have gotten from regulars as well as random people dropping in from the street (some of which have since become regulars!) I now feel very much at home on the little stage at Molly's!

Not only this, but I feel I have been on a journey with my look too, and where I was last year isn't where I find myself now. My make up skills have improved, and I am more secure in my style too, which has been exciting to look back at.

This year, London played host to World Pride, and there was a lot of chaos around the arrangements and funding situation, which I'll leave aside for now. I was given the opportunity to do something fun for Pride, together with my friends Julie Paid and Cookie Monstar. We were chosen to be the first people on board a double decker routemaster that had been completely renovated to look like a handbag, courtesy of the MCM Brand. Click here to read about our fabulous day out on this amazing bus!

It is now the height of summer (believe it or not, if you are in the UK like me) and I'm about to go on another very exciting and amazing journey. Read more about this by clicking the link!

So, I'd like to thank you for staying with me, and promise that there will be more and more posts here at The World According to Diamond Pearl!
Don't forget, dreams are only reality in the making!

Love and kisses, Diamond! xxx

2 comments:

  1. Your blog and personality looks fantastic! Indeed diamonds are women's bestfriend. I am pretty much amazed by the content of your blogs, i do sell jewelry for a living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're back! You sound like you're really enjoying life right now, it's so nice to see someone else's enthusiasm for something :) Just had a look at the bus, OH MY GOD, amazing!

    ReplyDelete