Monday 6 August 2012

Los Angeles, Monday 5th Aug 2012

Ok boys and girls, my idea was to write a blog post a day while here, but today is the first day I have been able to sit down and relax, be it by the pool (I know, hard life!) in the sun! But I thought I'd give you a brief run down of what I have been doing so far! Day by day, and then link it to separate blog posts for each day as I finish them. Sound good? Ok!

I’m going to start with my arrival in LA and go up to today, and then add the week in SF after!! Here goes!

Thursday 1st Aug 2012

Today was my last day in San Francisco before travelling to LA, and I had yet to see the shopping areas, and the department stores, so that was first on the cards. It made for a nice way of killing an hour or so before heading to the airport.

Click here to read more! (coming soon!)

Arriving in LA I had strict and precise instructions on what to do and where to go, and after about an hour and a half I was in a bar with Joseps flatmate Rob. He made it his mission to show me as many gay bars in West Hollywood as possible!

Click here to read more! (coming soon!

Friday 2nd Aug 2012

In the morning, my lovely host Josep had hired a car so we could drive to one of his favourite places in LA, the Getty Museum. They currently have an exhibition on Herb Ritts, LA Style, which we both wanted to see, but he freely admitted that the Getty museum is probably better known for its grounds and architecture than the art! I can see why!

Click here to read and see more! (coming soon!)

In the evening, we had tickets to see Pixar in Concert at the Hollywood Bowl, which is an outdoor concert venue accommodating approx 18.000 people. We were going to a premiere, where the Los Angeles Philharmonic orchestra were playing pieces from Pixar movies, set to clips of the films on 3 huge screens.

Click here to read and see more! (coming soon!)

Saturday 3rd Aug 2012

Universal Studios day! I was secretly looking forward to this as I am a bit of a theme park buff, and I like behind-the-scenes things (sometimes I will buy a dvd depending on the extras content only!)

We set off in the car, Barbara, Robert, Josep and me, and Barbara was driving. We had passes courtesy of Josep, and once parked, we went straight for the best ride! Transformers 3D The Ride! I have to say I’ve never quite experienced anything like it, not a rollercoaster but still a rollercoaster, in 3D! i won’t say anymore! Afterwards we had some food as none of us had eaten, and then we did the Jurassic Park ride, and queued up for the Studio Tour including the back lot. This was amazing for me, seeing the CSI stage and Wisteria Lane, Cabot Cove/Jaws-land etc.

Driving back, we took a detour to avoid the traffic, a lucky detour for me as it took us up Mulholland Drive to the view point. I’m going to have to watch the David Lynch movie again!

Click here to read and see more! (coming soon!)

The evening had already been planned, we were going to Bar Sinister just off Hollywood Boulevard, a goth bar/club that my hosts really like and felt I’d enjoy! It was brilliant, the venue is perfect, decor and crowd amazing!

Click here to read More! (coming soon!)

Sunday 4th Aug 2012

Today I was let loose on my own in Hollywood, as my friend had to edit and translate his interview with Liza Minnelli (if you speak Spanish you can read it here!) Needless to say it was very sunny, so I popped on a baseball cap and some factor 30 and headed out into Hollywood. From the flat you can walk down Sunset Boulevard or head one block up to Hollywood Boulevard under the hills, and as this was where i was headed I chose to go direct. It is however a bit of a walk, but soon you get to the Walk Of Fame, where the pavement is peppered with Stars!

The shops lining Hollywood Boulevard are a real mish-mash of souvenir shops and tattoo and piercing studios, stripper clothes, wigs and shoes.

Click here to read more! (coming soon!)

In the afternoon we had planned to go to a superheroes party called Hard Heroes, at MJ’s bar, hosted by the LA Sisters Of Perpetual Indulgence! My friend Christophe picked me up in his convertible, his friends already in the car with him. As this party was somewhat a surprise on me, I didn’t have a costume. I had looked for one on Hollywood Boulevard that day but not found anything appropriate. But the guys told me that there was no strict rule about costumes, and that there were makeup artists on hand to paint on a mask, or even do full a body paint! That’s what I went for!

There were raffle tickets ( I didn’t win) and a N2N fashion show (hot guys in skimpy revealing underwear) and freebies thrown out at the end (I didn’t catch one). There were also gogo dancers and some really amazing costumes.

Click here to read and see more! (coming soon!)

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you back blogging again and the new layout is fab! You sound like you're having a blast, can't wait to read more :)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss Green Eyes, I really am! Writing this from NY, time has gone too quick, I need days and days to filter through and write everything down! LOL! Thanks for reading and commenting! More soon! xxx

      Delete