Friday 20 May 2011

Nail varnish: Shimmering Anthracite


Recently I went shopping with my best friend Cookie, I was looking for matte black nail varnish, suitable for every day wear, as well as a few other trinkets but couldn’t find any! Eventually we ended up in the huge Boots at Piccadilly Circus, and I caved in and picked up a grey one from 17 called Smoke Signal. The same brand also did a black so I picked that, and a gorgeous peacock blue too! I’m going to write a separate post about that!

I was ready to pay for my new items when cookie found a crackle glaze in gold which I swapped for the black, and I will blog about that later!


Anyway, the 17 Smoke Signal looks ok on it’s own, probably not a colour I would wear as it is, but I tested it with the crackle glaze and it looked cool!




Grey on its own on pinky, ring finger has one coat of glitter.

Today however, I dug out a 2True Glossywear glitter varnish Shade 2 from my kit and after 2 coats of Smoke Signal I added a coat of glitter. On it’s own the glitter is iridescent clear with a hint of blue, but with the charcoal grey 17, it turned into the most gorgeous graphite anthracite colour! The camera won’t quite capture the colour but have a look!

There’s almost a lilac/mauve look to the glitter which can be seen in some of the pictures! I’m not a huge fan of lilac, but with the grey it looks stunning! I’d definitely try this combination again, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment